8 Days – 7 Nights, from USD $2200
8 Days – 7 Nights, from USD $2200
Discover our Ultimate Komodo
Our Ultimate Komodo Trip adds 2 days to the schedule, allows us to explore that little bit further south, ensuring we get to share with you the Ultimate Komodo experience. As well as spectacular diving Komodo is popular for its savannah-like landscapes, volcano-shaped islands, endemic Komodo dragons.
Divers will be astounded by the 1,000 species of fish, 260 species of reef-building coral, and 70 species of sponges. The park is home to the rare dugong, as well as sharks, manta rays, 14 species of whales, dolphins, and sea turtles.
Other species seen may include: bump hed parrot fish, nudibranch, jawfish, bubble coral shrimp, leaf fish, porcelain crabs, pygmy seahorses, schools of barracudas, mackerel, octopus, frogfish, banded pipefish, mandarin fishes, wonderpus, indian walkman…
- Prices are per diver based on occupancy in the chosen cabin
- All rates include taxes
- Please make sure you check the visa and/or immigration requirements for your nationality
- Trip cancellation insurance recommended
- Children above 12 y. o. are accepted aboard La Galigo. During the cruise, children remain under the responsibility of their parents. Parents are required to ensure that the children respect all safety procedures, listen to all safety briefings, and do not disturb the peace and quietness of the other passengers, or the effective management of the cruise.
- To partake in any scuba diving activity with La Galigo, you must hold a certification from a recognised scuba diving society such as SSI, CMAS, BSAC, PADI or similar. It is the client’s responsibility, as a certified diver, to respect and follow the guidelines given by the La Galigo guides and instructors, and to follow the regulations stipulated by their certification agency.
- Clients are solely responsible to provide a diving medical statement or physicians medical dated within the last 12 months, certification card and log book. Ignoring the directions given by the guides, or not presenting certification card, log book or valid medical paperwork may cause a limitation or disqualification from scuba diving during the trip. The divers accept their responsibility to be technically capable of participating in the activity of scuba diving and fully accept the risks associated. We reserve the right, for safety reasons, and at the discretion of the La Galigo guides, to refuse access to one / several / all dives if the diver does not have the necessary competence to participate safely.
- We require all divers to provide us with a copy of their diving insurance that includes medical evacuation
- Diver must wear a dive computer
- Maximum depth: 35 m
What are you waiting for?
Day 1 - Labuan Bajo
We will collect you from your hotel between 8:00 & 9:00am for a 10:00am departure from Labuan Bajo, then welcome you onboard La Galigo. After a refreshing welcome drink, and a short introduction to the facilities of our ship, the diving schedule, and the tour program, we set sail for our first day, which will include a refresher dive for all divers on board. Check-out dive: Sabayor Slope followed by Sabayor wall. Two nice and easy dives that will introduce you to the wonder of Indonesian diving, vibrant colours, clear warm water…. you have made a great decision coming here 😉 We relax for our first Dinner together and an overnight cruise to central most part of western Komodo.
Day 2 - West Komodo
Pre-Breakfast. Morning dive: Tarawa Besar… OMG am I in heaven? After a ‘proper’ breakfast, we depart for a dive at Police Corner, having so much fun it should be illegal. After lunch is diving at one of our favourite spots: CURRENT CITY (Batu Bolong), for a
chance to dive once more with our new Manta friends. The last dive of the day will be at Bombastic forest, a real visual delight.
Day 3 - North West komodo
Pre-Breakfast. Morning dive: is the ‘banging’ site Shotgun. After a ‘proper’ breakfast, we depart for a dive at the world-renowned Castle rock. The rock is packed with bronze and rust coloured sponges and soft tree corals. Black snappers, large cuttlefish, pyramid butterflyfish, and octopus galore await us there. Later in the afternoon we climb the local summit and enjoy a splendid panorama over the moon-shape islands of the Komodo Archipelago and the mainland of Flores. Afternoon dive at Crystal Rock, followed by a night dive at Buku Buku.
Day 4 - South West komodo
Awake early in the morning to complete a dive at the world-famous Golden Passage. After second breakfast we dive at Karang Makassar. We then set sail for Pink Beach and into Komodo National Park. Here we will commence a short hike to see the world-famous Komodo Dragons. This is followed by a night dive at Bokep Point. The evening is spent watching the sunset with a beach barbecue.
Day 5 - Padar Island
The day starts with an early dive at the colourful spectacle that is Dilarsten. After feeling like quite the hobbit with second breakfast you will jump in the water at Secret Garden, pure bliss. Some lunch and a short cruise will follow this, taking you to your afternoon dive at Padar Kacino. The night dive for the Day 5 will blow your socks off – Bole Mogoso… prepare to be amazed.
Day 6 - Siaba Bay
Some sites are just so good that you have to go back and do them again. That’s how we start day 6 with an early morning revisit to Karang Makassar. Prepare to find even more bizarre macro critters and majestic large animals at Batu Bolong after break number 2. Lunch – Cruise – Mawan dive site, who wants to lose their passport so this trip never ends! The breathtaking Siaba bay is our night dive spot today.
Day 7 - Bat Island
We start to wind down today as the trip starts to come to an end. To give you 24hrs to pass off your Nitrogen before tomorrow’s flight, we will only do 2 morning dives today. The first dive will be Penga Kecil and the second is Wainilu. The afternoon is spent swapping stories, having laughs and cracking a few cold ones with your new bff’s. A mystical sunset is spent anchored up near Bat Island, where you will witness 10,000’s of bats fly out at sundown to find fresh fruits to feast on.
Day 8 - Disembark
From 07:00 am we will be anchored in Labuan Bajo in preparation for disembarkation, however,
guests may stay onboard until 11:00 am for breakfast with us!